"Global" Regions
  • Love to have a token that's a global region.

For example, there are certain elements, i.e. a Contact Form, that could end up being on every page of the site. Right now, we have to copy a region each time. So if an element is consistent on every page, a global region and way to tag an element in that region would be really helpful. That way each time I add a new page, I don't have to go add that region to the page. It's there.
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • I really like this concept as well.

I will gladly pass this on to our developers for future consideration.

Thanks,
    Richard
    -----------------------
    Publish Path Support Team
  • This is an awesome idea.
  • A recent post reminded me of this idea. Just bringing it forward 2 years to see if it's still a good idea or not...
  • So it's the idea of having static/standard templates (ones that have editable regions) and dynamic/detail templates (ones that are editable in the CMS but probably don't show up publicly and can be used as detail pages).
  • I agree, we have been waiting for this for many years. Why hasn't it been implemented yet? It is something that would be useful to virtually every single website using LightCMS, even if just for header and footer areas.

This is one of the few gaping flaws in LightCMS.
  • I agree, we have been waiting for this for many years. Why hasn't it been implemented yet? It is something that would be useful to virtually every single website using LightCMS, even if just for header and footer areas.

This is one of the few gaping flaws in LightCMS.
  • I'm also interested in hearing why this is not viewed favorably?  If it is a total pain in the butt to implement or jeopardizes some other component in some way I think it would be great to hear that reasoning.
  • Has there been any progress made with this?
  • This is a highly needed feature. For example, elements you want on every page, while viewing a blog item page, no elements show up, and you don't even have the option to add one.
    The global element would solve this issue and eliminate a lot of steps for elements we want to show on all pages.
    Please add! 
    Thanks
  • There is a sort of a solution for this in regards to blog pages (maybe event and other detail pages too, I would have to check). You can select another page from your site to be the template for blog pages. This lets you put sidebar content and such into your blog detail pages, but it doesn't do you any good outside of the blog element.
  • Just so you know you've been heard, it's still a good idea. We've discussed implementing this as an attribute on the region token before. No plans to work on it soon.

Ethan Sisson
    Developer

Howdy, Stranger!

Login with Facebook

In this Discussion

Copyright © 2014 LightCMS® Content Management System LightCMS is a product of NetSuite