Entire system compromised.
  • Right now (between 10:45 cst and 11:05cst), if you have a page with mixed access content, the private content is accessible to all unauthorized users.

This is system wide.  Totally compromised security.

I am so unbelievably frustrated right now.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I don't want a [fixed], a fix does not resolve explaining poor testing in how this even happened in the first place.  I demand answers, I can lose thousands of dollars and reputation over a fubar like this.
  • Hi Michael,

This issue was resolved at approximately 11:10am CDT. I will do my best to provide you with the answers you request. 

The long and short of it is that we messed up. We rolled out an update that introduced the bug you described, affecting sites with mixed-access content. We immediately began work to resolve that bug, resolving it approximately an hour and a half later.

We will, as always, review this situation thoroughly to determine what caused it and what could have been done better to avoid it, implementing whatever procedures we can to help avoid such situations in the future.

We are deeply sorry for the trouble this has caused you and your clients. We do not take it lightly. Our team feels the weight of the frustration you have expressed and we are very sorry to have caused it.

Tim

Howdy, Stranger!

Login with Facebook

In this Discussion

Copyright © 2014 LightCMS® Content Management System LightCMS is a product of NetSuite