Adobe Edge + LightCMS
  • Hey all,

I created a rotating slider in Adobe Edge. This works flawlessly in DreamWeaver for my custom site. The problem is when it is uploaded to LightCMS it just shows up blank (the slider). Everything is the same minus the elements implemented and file name changes (Home.htlm instead of index.html) what could be causing this problem?

I have been using an unfinished site to basically test this CMS and I absolutely love it! I just want to be able to figure everything out before I throw money at it.

Does anyone have a solution?

BTW I just wanted to say the customer support here is great. They already helped me solve a few other issues. Its just this last one that is holding me up (for now!)

Thanks!
    – Kevin
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hey Kevin,

Can you post a link to the site you're testing on?

Evan
  • Hi Evan,

The site is http://kevindykedesign.publishpath.com/

Again, the site is just a test so most likely it will look terrible on your computer. I'm just concerned that the slider isn't showing up.

Alternatively, is there a way to make a slideshow NOT have arrows to change the slide? That means it would have a timer and go automatically with no user interaction?

Thanks again Evan!
    – Kevin
  • Kevin,

You can remove the arrows in your CSS.  Here is a link to CSS for the Photo Gallery slideshow, http://lightcmssupport.publishpath.com/photo-gallery-slideshow.  Below are the sections you should be concerned with hiding.

.sldw_prev a {
    width: 24px;
    height: 24px;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    border: 0 !important;
    text-decoration: none !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    top: 43%;
    left: 5%;
    background: url('/images/arrow_right_off.png') 0 0 no-repeat;
    }

.sldw_prev a:hover {
    background: url('/images/arrow_right_on.png') 0 0 no-repeat;
    }

.sldw_next a {
    width: 24px;
    height: 24px;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    text-decoration: none !important;
    border: 0 !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    top: 43%;
    right: 5%;
    background: url('/images/arrow_left_off.png') 0 0 no-repeat;
    }

.sldw_next a:hover {
    background: url('/images/arrow_left_on.png') 0 0 no-repeat;
    }

Thanks,
    Chad
  • Thank you very much! If I cannot figure out the Edge problem then that would be another solution.

Thanks again!

– Kevin
  • Right now I'm messing around with the slideshow. It looks great but I'm having trouble finding the CSS. When I create the slideshow does it create the CSS automatically and then I can edit it? I'm assuming no because I dont see it in my code. The answer is probably right in front of me I just cant seem to find it.

Thanks,
    – Kevin
  • Sorry, I'm dumb. I just copied and pasted and it worked. Herp derp. I noticed that the arrows are gone now but when I hover over the image it just stops the rotation. What is the code to make it rotate with no interference?

Thanks,
    – Kevin

Howdy, Stranger!

Login with Facebook

In this Discussion

Copyright © 2014 LightCMS® Content Management System LightCMS is a product of NetSuite